MPD under the radar: Notre Dame Avenue COVID-positive roommate yells at kids

Beyond the headlines, the men and women of the Manchester Police Service respond to inquiries from local residents around the clock, with incidents that the public may find valuable or interesting often going unnoticed.

In an effort to help shed some light on these incidents and spark a deeper discussion about what is happening in our neighborhoods across the city, here are some of those incidents that have flown under the radar, such as: obtained from Manchester Police Department Records Division.

For the Manchester Police Service daily logs, which form the starting point for these reports, click here.

The actual names of the individuals and organizations in these stories have not been revealed to protect them from potential harassment, excluding arrest when information becomes available.

Excluding any information that could reveal the identity of individuals or organizations, the incidents that were inflicted on the victims will be conveyed as accurately as possible in the hope that greater awareness of these incidents occurring in Manchester can prevent them from happening again to another victim. .

Anyone charged with a crime is innocent unless proven guilty by a court.

Anyone with additional information about these incidents is encouraged to share their account of what happened via email. [email protected]

Manchester Police Department Records Division reports cost Manchester Ink Link one dollar per page. If you would like to help us continue to offer you this column, please contribute to our efforts. here.

May 26, 10:07 p.m. – A woman working at a restaurant in South Willow Street said her phone was stolen while she was working.

The police tried to call the phone, but the call went straight to voicemail.

No additional information was provided.

May 27, 2 p.m. – At a store on Queen City Avenue, a man said he was threatened by another individual because the latter believed the man had left his bag outside the store.

The man called the police from inside the store. When the police arrived at the store, the individual fled.

May 31, 9:21 a.m. – An employee on Notre-Dame Avenue was calling on behalf of a customer who was in a dispute with another person over a parking space.

The customer had blocked an area to cut down a tree, but another person moved the traffic cones from the blocked area and started insulting him.

The police managed to resolve the situation at the scene.

June 8, 12:28 a.m. – A person on Notre Dame Avenue wanted her roommate removed because he is COVID-19 positive and was yelling and yelling at her, her child, and her child’s friend. She added that this was the second time she had called and was scared.

The individual was informed that the roommate could not be forced to leave as he was paying rent.

It is unclear if the roommate has committed any actions that could be construed as a criminal offense, no additional information has been provided.

June 8, 8:21 a.m. – A person who had contacted police earlier from Wayne Street called back, saying someone was harassing him with racist texts.

Police attempted to call the suspect, but he said he was in Massachusetts and hung up.

Twenty minutes later, the person arrived at police headquarters and indicated that the suspect was a friend who had caused a scene earlier but was now gone.

June 8, 10:44 a.m. – A homeless man was screaming and screaming inside a store on Massabesic Street, leading employees to call the police. Employees were unsure what the man’s problem was, adding that he was banging his head against the wall. The man left shortly after the call to the police.

Police found a man matching the description given by employees about 15 minutes later. The man said he was missing his wallet, but was otherwise uncooperative.

No additional information was provided.

June 8, 7:20 p.m. – A Jewett Street woman called police to say she had an altercation with the woman who lives above her. It’s unclear when the altercation happened or why she didn’t call during the altercation, as it appears the altercation happened much earlier.

The caller was not home at the time, no further information was provided.